Twitter is an effective social media marketing tool for any business. With over 500 million users, your business needs to be here.
Setting up your business Twitter profile is easier than you think.
These are the steps involved:
- Go to comand sign up. Use your name, your email, and a password. Please, don’t forget to use your real name and email. You can customize your profile later. Also, bear in mind that Twitter only allows one account per email. If you have a personal Twitter account, you will need to use a different email to set up your business Twitter account.
- Join Twitter. Complete the form by entering your name, your email, a password, and a username. You can still change your username later too!
- Click “create my account.”
- Click “next.”
- Build your timeline. Twitter will automatically ask you to follow three people from a selection it gives you. You must follow three people from the selection.
- Build your timeline 2.Twitter will then ask you to follow five more, and then five people you know. You can skip these last two steps by clicking on the “skip” button on the bottom right-hand side of the box.
- Confirm email. Twitter will then ask you to confirm your email. Check your email for the confirmation, and click on the link in the email from Twitter.
Wow! Your Twitter account is up and running!
Now, you begin to customize your Twitter profile and page.
Note: When you are customizing your Twitter account, keep your handle, profile photo, background image and bio consistent with your company brand, and social media marketing strategy.
Add character. Upload your profile image:
Twitter also calls this your avatar. Your photo is how you appear in your Tweets to your followers. It gives your account an identity. The maximum file size for your photo should be 700MB.
Note: Keep your photo relevant to your brand.
Your header shows up as the background to your Twitter photo. Again, keep your header branded. It shows up on mobile too, so it is important to include this in your Twitter account.
The recommended dimensions for a header are 1252 x 626, with a maximum file size of 5MB
You can add a website:
Include your business website, so that your Twitter followers can quickly click through to your site.
Note: As you develop more followers on Twitter, and you are using Twitter to market specific social sites, or special promotions, you can change always change this website to direct your Twitter traffic to particular landing pages.
Add your bio:
You have 160 characters maximum to tell the world about your business. Be succinct.
Tip: In your bio, add something personal or quirky about your business. As in most social media platforms, adding a personal touch resonates with your audience, and customers are more likely to follow you if they see your personality shine through.
Do you have an active Facebook account?
Twitter allows you to post your Tweets directly to your Facebook page.
Finally, Click “Save Changes”:
To see your completed Twitter profile, click on “Me” in the top header.
You are now ready to send your first Tweet!
Hope this was helpful?