Instagram earlier allowed users to add links to your Instagram Stories. But recently, Instagram recently revamped the ability to add links to your Instagram stories with a new Link Sticker option.
Earlier, this functionality was available to Verified users only and the links showed up as a swipe-up button at the bottom. However, with the recent changes, users can now add links to any part of the story on the screen. The swipe-up method to add links to your Instagram stories was only available to users with over 10,000+ followers.
However, that restriction has been removed and now all users on Instagram can now add links to your Instagram stories using Link Stickers.
Now that the condition for accounts to add links has been removed, this feature is accessible by all users on Instagram. The company has recently announced the global rollout of Link Stickers so it may be a while before it gets added to all accounts. The link can be pasted anywhere on the Instagram Stories.
Follow these simple steps to add links to your Instagram Stories
- Head to the Instagram app and swipe right. The option to post a story shows up. A user can post a photo or a video as a story.
- Once the photo is inserted, swipe up to open the sticker tray. The Link option should show up just below GIF and next to the poll widget options to add links to your Instagram stories.
- Click on the Link option and paste the URL to add links to your Instagram stories.
- The link then shows up as any other sticker on an Instagram Story. This Link Sticker can be moved around and placed on any part of the Story.
- This Link Sticker is clickable once you add links to your Instagram stories and once clicked, it takes the user to the URL published.
- Users can then post the story on their account by clicking on the Share option.
Alternative Options to add links to your Instagram stories
I’m sure you’ve stumbled upon posts where the page owner redirects you to their bio, via a ‘Link in Bio’ caption. The pitfall here is that you can only have so many active links at once. Other than that, you could also slide into someone’s DM, albeit this is not a very effective method of mass communication.
There is the option to comment, which is equally ineffective. You can’t really copy and paste (or Instagram has just made it very hard to do so), and your comment can get lost in the crowd of thousands of other comments, especially for other pages.