The University of Charleston is currently offering educational opportunities to talented and smart students via its Innovation Scholarship Grants for International Students who wish to study in the United States.
The scholarship is meant for Home and Foreign students that have registered for an undergraduate degree programme at the University of Charleston and have attained a minimum high school GPA of 3.0. The students that will be selected will be offered a sum of $5,000 per year.
Applications are open for the academic year 2022-2023.
University of Charleston Overview
The University of Charleston is a private non-profit university with its main campus in Charleston, West Virginia. The mission of the University of Charleston is to educate each student for a life of productive work, enlightened living, and community involvement.
Why study at the University of Charleston? The University of Charleston is very dedicated to utilizing and enriching the strong relationship between the University and the greater Charleston community to prepare students for a life rich in community involvement.
The university prepares students to live in an increasingly complex and changing society by helping them develop the knowledge, abilities, and character needed to be lifelong learners.
Details of the Innovation Scholarships for International Students 2022-2023
- Institution: University of Charleston
- Department: NA
- Degree Level: Undergraduate Degree
- Mode of Applying: Online
- Number of Scholarships: Not Given
- To be Taken at: United States of America
Application Deadline: Applications at the University of Charleston are ongoing and will be actively reviewed.
1. Eligible Countries: All international and home country students are eligible to apply.
2. Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have a high school GPA of 3.0.
- The applicants must submit Innovation Scholar Application. The applicants must interview with the Director/Assistant Director of Innovation & current Innovation Scholars.
- The applicants must have a minimum 2.50 academic grade point average (on a 4-point scale); or a GED or TASC score of 450.
3. Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate programmes offered at the University of Charleston can be undertaken.
4. Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- Internet-based test (IBT) on the TOEFL: 61
- IELTS: 6.0
- Duolingo: 95
- GTEC: 1,100
- PTE: 54.
Value of Scholarship
A scholarship award of $5,000 each year will be awarded to the selected undergraduate students to support their studies at the University of Charleston.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must successfully complete an undergraduate admission application for the University of Charleston. All eligible students will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official secondary school records
- High school transcripts or official GED/TASC A self-report their high school GPA to be conditionally admitted
- A record of active participation in school or community organisations or events throughout high school is also recommended
- Proof of high school graduation or GED/TASC
- Official transcripts from an accredited university